ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera tracking data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
justin averyCamera tracking data
by on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:24:13 pm

Hi peeps

Can anyone tell me what kind of camera tracking data AE makes when you create a solve with it?

I have used the tracked camera feature in AE in a reasonably primitive fashion before, and got the result I needed.

But what I need to know is:
(a) Where can I find this file
(b) What's in it - is it binary?
(c) Can I get some data into it from another app? (has anyone ever tried?)

I work for a realtime 3d software vendor - and we do a large amount of both vr and realtime tracks for sports telestration...
... A client is wondering whether their AE guys can use our tracking data - were we to save it off - to add further gfx in post...

It's a long shot I know ;) Thx.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Camera tracking data
by on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:51:42 pm

The 3D tracking data is stored as part of the AEP. BTW, The 3D Camera Track data uses the same engine as the Warp Stabilizer. You will notice the size of your AEP gets much larger with each instance of the aforementioned features.

[justin avery] "A client is wondering whether their AE guys can use our tracking data - were we to save it off - to add further gfx in post"

What you will need to do is to add the 3rd party tracking data into an AE camera. You don't need AE's tracking engine for this. You may want to look at mamoworld's Orient World script - as a helper tool after the external tracking data has been placed onto an AE camera. The trick is to get the tracking data to be compatible with AE's data requirements.

You may want to hire Dan Ebbert's pro help to develop a custom script that streamlines the process and ensures that it works.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Camera tracking data
by on Oct 20, 2013 at 5:22:05 am

It might be possible to format your camera track data in such a way that you could copy it as text and paste it as key frames to a camera layer.

The formatting of AE key frame data is very straight forward. You could ask the AE artist to copy some key frames and paste them into plain text files for reference.

As far as I recall there will be some header data in the clipboard that identifies the following data as AE key frames, then some additional relevant data like frame rate, followed by the property name and line break delimited plain text values of the frame number and key frame value.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

justin averyRe: Camera tracking data
by on Oct 21, 2013 at 5:24:08 pm

Thanks guys for that. My hopes are buoyed, as I thought that it was a no-go from the start. I shall experiment and let you know the results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved