ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

C4D Upgrade with After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric RoedigerC4D Upgrade with After Effects
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 9:56:44 pm

My boss had me upgrade our C4D to Broadcast. Works well. After Effects handles the file just fine, but if I open an After Effects project and try to "Edit Original" it opens C4D LITE, which reacts crazy to some of the plugins and MoGraph techniques used therein.

Is there a way to tell AE that I have a new version of C4D? Or is "Edit Original" just a shortcut I can no longer use?

Thanks in advance!

Eric Roediger
Editor/Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: C4D Upgrade with After Effects
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 11:05:59 pm

Unfortunately, we didn't get this right with the After Effects CC (12.0) release. Which application is used for Edit Original is apparently random (actually dependent on installation order).

Fortunately, we've fixed this in After Effects CC (12.1), which we'll be releasing soon. You can now explicitly set which edition and version of Cinema 4D to use for certain tasks. Details are here:
http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Eric RoedigerRe: C4D Upgrade with After Effects
by on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:35:59 pm

cool! thanks for the response! looking forward to the update!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: C4D Upgrade with After Effects
by on Oct 31, 2013 at 8:53:43 pm

Try it now with the new update, which is available.

For complete details, see this page.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]