ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Project with Dynamic Link won't open

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey MattheusAfter Effects Project with Dynamic Link won't open
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:20:49 pm

So there was already a post with my EXACT problem that was never resolved:

"I am new to After Effects and was having great success until the last few days. My latest project will not open (freezes at launch at 0% or 1%) and I am forced to force quit. Other projects will open fine and the only difference is that this latest project is using a Premiere Pro sequence via Dynamic Link. Even the Auto-Save versions and other "Save as " versions of this project will not open.

Seems to be related to using Dynamic Link but I can't say for sure. This has been my most complex project yet and also the first time I am using DL. For two consecutive days, I built the project and exported it without any problems, then after quitting AE, I am unable to open the project at all.

Any suggestions are appreciated since I am reluctant to use for now."

The same exact thing is happening to me now. Cannot open the AE project that contains the DL premiere file, cannot import the AE proj into a blank AE comp, cannot DL the AE file back into premiere!

Thanks to DL this project is completely unusable! This is AWFUL!

Anyone ever have this problem??

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: After Effects Project with Dynamic Link won't open
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 9:00:20 pm

Try importing that AE project into a new project. Works a lot of the time.... but not every time.

~ Mat

My Work:

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Project with Dynamic Link won't open
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 11:23:36 pm

Open the Premiere Pro project that contains the Premiere Pro sequences that are dynamically linked. Then open the After Effects project.

The reason that this can help is that it is sometimes the launching of the headless version of Premiere Pro to serve the dynamic links to After Effects that is the problem. If you have a full version of Premiere Pro running, it can do the work of serving the sequences to After Effects.

Yes, we're working on fixing this bug.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved