ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Changing the shape of a .PSD object in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy MorinChanging the shape of a .PSD object in AE
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:58:29 pm

Hello All, I'm trying to come up with a way to take a orb thread and go from a straight line into a curved conclusion and finalize on After Effects. I've got the curved orb from photoshop in after effects right now and was curious if i could do everything through AE or have to go back and make another image in PS.
Any suggestions

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Changing the shape of a .PSD object in AE
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 11:32:47 am

To bend it and maintain the illusion that's it's 3D isn't going to work well with a .psd object. It's just going to look like a picture that's bent. If you wanted, there's CC Cylinder, or playing with the ray-traced renderer and bending the geometry of layer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu might be able to give you some tips on building and animating a rig like that with Mettle Freeform. If you have CC(or just Cinema 4D) I'd build and animate the rig in 3D application, and if you need to composite it, finish it in AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved