ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular: Moving particle light streak within a moving frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackson Parker
Trapcode Particular: Moving particle light streak within a moving frame
on Oct 16, 2013 at 2:20:41 pm

Hi there,

so this is driving me crazy. I have a parallel dolly shot of a person running from frame left to right. I have tracked the shot (not the person, just the camera movement), the tracking data is keyframed in a null.

I use Trapcode Particular to create light strokes surrounding the person. Now, the strokes move around the person, attached to their hand/head and so on. Since it made more sense in this case, I have hand-keyframed the movement of the strokes rather than tracking the person itself. While this works fine, I am stuck with an obvious problem: While the strokes follow the movement of the person just fine in time, the earlier keyframes stay at their inital position, when they should instead follow the dolly movement. I am simply not finding any way to get this to work - obviously, when i pair the stroke layer with the null containing the dolly movement, everything, including the latest keyframe of the stroke, is being re-positioned in the frame. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Trapcode Particular: Moving particle light streak within a moving frame
on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:10:48 pm

What do you mean "tracking data is keyframed in a null" ? You have to track the shot and then solve the scene resulting in an animated camera. After you have a camera, Every 3d element (including particular) should follow through.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]