ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why are parts of my full render looking corrupt, but not when I render in small parts?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Mulen
Why are parts of my full render looking corrupt, but not when I render in small parts?
on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:37:59 am

When I render in smaller pieces everything is fine. But when I render the full video (22 seconds) there are frames all over that look all corrupt and destroyed. It is always the same frames, and they always look the same in terms of destruction.

Does anyone have any clue how I can fix this? Ive rendered uncompressed, compressed, nothing works. Yet when I render out in small chunks like 30-40 frames at a time it looks perfect. First time this problem is happening...help appreciated, thanks.

Update: so I brought everything over into a new comp and rendered uncompressed once again (quicktime animation) and somehow it rendered error free this time (don't think it always happens). Of course the file is like 3GB though so I opened the .mov in Adobe Media Encoder CS6 and set it to compress down to H.264. And what do you know? The SAME corrupt images/frames are showing up. What the hell is going on?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Why are parts of my full render looking corrupt, but not when I render in small parts?
on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:52:31 pm

What's the frame supposed to look like?

Have you tried clearing the Ae disk cache?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
Re: Why are parts of my full render looking corrupt, but not when I render in small parts?
on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:34:47 pm

The frame is really just a normal picture of a man and it has two words of text over it. Thats it. It shouldn't look like someone hit my screen with a hammer. I cleared AE disk cache but no luck.

Someone please help! I'm desperate to solve this!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:41:03 pm

What compression preset are you using in AME? Have you tried a different one?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:48:57 pm

Ive tried rendering directly from AE CS6 and AME CS6. Both of them i've tried rendering uncompressed quicktime animation, as well as H.264 (which is my final destination since I plan to upload to youtube and vimeo).

Why would something like this be happening?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:57:46 pm

As I understand it, you current have a successful lossless render, but attempting to compress that file in AME is giving you these corrupt frames.

It looks like a interframe compression error. I would not expect to see this in an uncompressed or lossless intraframe render.

But we're still troubleshooting. What preset are you using in AME, and have you tried compressing your good intermediate file with a different preset?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:15:03 pm

Okay yes I just tried rendering lossless again and the full video looks good. It's when I choose H.264 format that everything messes up. Whether I am rendering as H.264 direct from AE or using the lossless render and then compressing it to H.264...same result (error'd frames).

What other preset can I use? Vimeo and Youtube both want H.264.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:46:28 pm

I advise against rendering directly to H.264 from Ae. It does not use the same engine as Adobe Media Encoder.

Your bit rate of 75 to 100 Mbps is astronomical. Please try using one of AME's Vimeo presets.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:51:28 pm

Wow lowering the bit rate to 30-50mbps actually worked. I just dont get why 75-100mbps would corrupt the frames when uncompressed is even higher bit rate per frame?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 16, 2013 at 8:18:48 pm

[Danny Mulen] "Wow lowering the bit rate to 30-50mbps actually worked. I just dont get why 75-100mbps would corrupt the frames when uncompressed is even higher bit rate per frame?"

Maybe it's a bug in the encoder, but lossy interframe encoding works totally differently than lossless intraframe encoding. It's possible that you were overwhelming system resources on decode. It's possible that there's a bug in the decoder, or that it doesn't properly support Level 5.1.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
on Oct 16, 2013 at 8:27:00 pm

Yea i'll stay around 4.2, should be enough for what i'm doing. Thank you so much for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]