ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Appearing Dots

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcio SouzaAppearing Dots
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 2:19:58 am

I have this map that I attached to this message. What I was trying to make this points fade in randomly using any effects but at the end I did it manually, dot by dot. Now what I am trying to do is basically the same but with the dots popping up from the background, increasing and decreasing the sizes. I want to do it in two different ways, the first one randomly and the second one as a wave coming in diagonal from the top and left. If anyone knows how to do it with an effects or using expressions it would be great.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Appearing Dots
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:50:08 am

There's no attachment to your message...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Appearing Dots
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 1:14:21 pm

When you post an image on CreativeCOW, it does not automatically attach to your message. You have to copy and paste the EMBED code from the image upload window into the body of your post before you submit it:

This effect is probably most easily done with Trapcode Form. You can use a grayscale image with alpha to control the size of the dots via the Layer Map feature; animate grayscale ramps to make them grow and shrink.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Marcio SouzaRe: Appearing Dots
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:30:38 pm

Hey, sorry guys, here is the image.

Return to posts index

Tejus ShahRe: Appearing Dots
by on Jun 28, 2015 at 1:51:32 pm

Hi did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to figure out the same thing... i think it's called Circle Packing but haven't been able to find out how to do it via expressions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved