ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Blurry text after render (Even with lossless)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff WilsonBlurry text after render (Even with lossless)
by on Oct 14, 2013 at 10:51:43 pm

Hey you fine folks, I was hoping one of you might be able to help me out here. I've been having some strange issues with what should be a simple render (mostly a still image with a few color changes to specific font).

I'm far from a Pro in AE cs4, but I've been able to do some fairly advanced stuff following tutorials and just messing around. However this one has got me stumped.

Images of my settings will be included:

Basically when I attempt to render this 720p video (1280x720), the white font is relatively clear but when the red font is introduced it's extremely blurry and nearly unreadable at times. I've tried every format I could think of from wmv, avi, flv, f4v, and their respective codecs like h.264, Divx's mpeg4, etc... with no luck.

What really puzzles me is even in lossless mode it's jagged or blurry, however in the preview window both in fast preview & ram it's crystal clear with no issues.

Any suggestions? I've been googling all day with no luck.

I appreciate any help, thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Blurry text after render (Even with lossless)
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 5:40:16 pm

You're gonna love this one: it's because it's red.

Now, before you start cursing, it's the the particular shade of red. Red is a difficult color to reproduce. So millions upon millions of people simply do one or both of these things: decrease the red saturation or decrease the luminance of the red object.

It's pretty much a fact of life, particularly in the codecs in which you're working. You make those minor changes, and life gets a lot better.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cliff WilsonRe: Blurry text after render (Even with lossless)
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 7:22:15 pm

Ya know... I was thinking something along those lines, because I was reviewing some past work I'd done literally the day before with the same settings that came out fine.

Some how it doesn't surprise me that could be the issue at all, but I do really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Yesterday I thought I was going crazy, but with a fresh mind after a nights rest it makes a lot of sense.

I'll give it some color changes when I get home and see how it comes out, thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved