ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Copying trimmed clips from Premiere Pro to After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew GordonCopying trimmed clips from Premiere Pro to After Effects
by on Oct 13, 2013 at 2:37:24 am

I am currently working with the CS3 versions of both Premiere Pro and After Effects.

I just finished editing my footage in PP and wanted to bring specific segments of footage into AE to add motion graphics and other effects. I've split all the footage by "segment" in PP and attempted to copy just the footage I wanted to work with and pasting it into a comp in AE. This is working theoretically but some of the footage comes in wrong. Particular layers of footage taken from later portions of the sequence in PP are coming into AE as if they were copied from the very beginning of the original footage rather than from the beginning of the trimmed point.

Example: My footage is 00;10;40;26 in length. I'm copying a clip from PP to AE. The clip starts at 00;02;01;04 and is of me sitting at that point. When I view it in AE the content of the copied footage is from the 00;00;00;00 point where I'm standing before I sit.

I don't know why some of the clips copy over perfectly why some copy over as I described.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Any suggestions on how to improve my situation. My deadline is getting closer and closer for this project and I just didn't see this coming.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved