ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How do I achieve this filter? Please!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon HutchinsHow do I achieve this filter? Please!
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 12:54:02 pm

Hi this is for a personal project and would like to achieve a filter similar to the filter shown in this video but not exactly the same just using the same technique of blending something over the top but I'll use a different image to the film frame....

Please help, any advice could be extremely helpful

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do I achieve this filter? Please!
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 1:07:56 pm

That's achieved using the blending modes. You lay one image/video over another and choose one of the blending modes to get them to mix together. If you don't see the blending modes, press F4, and they should come up. Also pressing shift+ (plus/minus key) lets you toggle through them quickly. Using multiple modes and changine the opacity of the modes can dramatically change the look completely.

After Effects /
Blending modes and layer style

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How do I achieve this filter? Please!
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 2:23:04 pm

If you're referring to the film leader and film burn superimposed on the footage, then you need some stock footage of that. You can find some on these sites (google search):

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved