ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need some guidance on tracking & stabilize 'moving forward' shot in Mocha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Long VoNeed some guidance on tracking & stabilize 'moving forward' shot in Mocha
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 5:24:37 am

I'm shooting a hyperlapse and have been successful in using Mocha to solve stabilization for side to side shot, but moving forward is a bit tricky.

Here are what I am trying to track (it keeps on moving toward the front gate):

I tried the roof only but then as it moves forward, the spline will be left behind.
Also, I tried stabilized just part of the footage (tracked the roof), to get the best stabilization, Mocha tries to crop in to compensate (I guess Mocha doesn't detect zooming effect because of the footage moving forward, I tried zoom parameter but it didn't help).

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Need some guidance on tracking & stabilize 'moving forward' shot in Mocha
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 8:58:06 am

Try AE's Warp Stabilizer.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Long VoRe: Need some guidance on tracking & stabilize 'moving forward' shot in Mocha
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:27:39 am

Warp Stabilizer is pretty useless in these scenarios..

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Need some guidance on tracking & stabilize 'moving forward' shot in Mocha
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 3:04:56 pm

You should mask out the areas (in a precomp) that include extraneous movement - folks walking and billowing banners will throw off any stabilizer.

Once you've masked out the 'problem areas' you should nest the comp and apply the Warp Stabilizer.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Need some guidance on tracking & stabilize 'moving forward' shot in Mocha
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 8:32:05 pm

> Warp Stabilizer is pretty useless in these scenarios..

Which version are you talking about? After Effects CC (12.0) includes new features to deal with precisely these scenarios:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/06/additions-to-warp-stabilizer-vf...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Long VoRe: Need some guidance on tracking & stabilize 'moving forward' shot in Mocha
by on Oct 10, 2013 at 2:21:21 pm

I am using CC (12.0). Despite the new advance feature in new Wrap Stabilizer VFX, it can't really solve the constant movements from pedestrians and moving banners.
As Roland suggested, I think that could work, but the mask area don't stay the same throughout the footage.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 10, 2013 at 6:17:12 pm

You have to keyframe the mask path to isolate the problem areas.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]