ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Japanese Blossom - Bloom to autumn

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Arnott
Japanese Blossom - Bloom to autumn
on Oct 8, 2013 at 2:46:52 pm

Hi

I need to create an effect where I have a tree. The Blossoms grow on the tree, then they get blown by the wind so they fall and form a shape on the ground.

I understand that I could use Particle Playground or Particular to make the blossoms fall into a shape.

If I have created a comp of petals growing, how do i then turn those placed instances (once grown) into particles so that the blossoms get blown from the tree? So, basically using already placed comp instances to turn to particles?

Thanks in advance (I hope it makes sense),

Jim

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Japanese Blossom - Bloom to autumn
on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:26:33 pm

A 3D application is just the ticket for this sort of thing. C4D Lite -- or whatever they call it in the rental-only version of AE -- may be able to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Arnott
on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:29:09 pm

Thanks for your speedy response. I was looking to achieve this purely in After effects though.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 8, 2013 at 5:47:35 pm

...and if you have the latest version of AE, the possibility exists that may very well be able to do so.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

Jim Arnott
on Oct 9, 2013 at 7:37:02 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your replies, but I was actually looking for a little more insight then that, maybe even some direction as to how such an effect can be achieved, I thought this was the forum to gain this information but it seems not!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 9, 2013 at 2:16:18 pm

Sorry not to be able to give you a blow-by-blow, but I don't have AE CC with the new C4D Lite. I don't know if it's capable of doing what you want, nor would I know how to do it. Perhaps others will chime in.

But there's an important piece of missing information: WE DON'T KNOW WHICH VERSION OF AFTER EFFECTS YOU'RE USING.

See the problem?

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

Jim Arnott
on Oct 9, 2013 at 2:28:27 pm

Ok, thanks for the reply, I am using After Effects CS6 with Trapcode Particular v2.20.

I have been using Particular to generate the sprites using an .ai file of a tree as an emitter and then blow them off the tree branches using Air (wind) and a motion path. The motion path allows me to wait for soke of the blossoms to fully open before the wind takes them. Perhaps you know of a better way to do this part (waiting for each blossom to open before the wind affects each sprite particle)?.

Unfortunately because Particular doesn't allow the use of Air and Bounce simultaneously, i can not stick them to the required shape when they land. After a little digging I am now under the assumption that I will have to set up two instances of Particular, one for the blossoms leaving the tree and one for the blossoms coming to rest, with a gradient alpha mask to blend the two.

What do you think?

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]