ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Frame Blending issues (CS6)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mark
Frame Blending issues (CS6)
on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:55:29 am

Problem: When I want to convert frames, advanced frame blending does the job great. Just there is one issue getting in the way. Every time I do frame-rate conversions, I get a "warping effects or "wiggle effect on cuts and fades (transitions within in the clip). I don't now why this is happening. Frame blend is just what I need but this issue is slowing my production down. Is frame blending for only 1 clip with no cuts? I hope not, cause I don't have the each individual clip.

Thank you in advanced.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Frame Blending issues (CS6)
on Oct 8, 2013 at 1:46:25 pm

[John Mark] "Is frame blending for only 1 clip with no cuts?"

Yes, by definition.

Frame blending does exactly what it says: blends frames. Cuts are hard transitions, and by nature they cannot be blended, or else they are no longer quite cuts anymore.

You can do some kind of edit detection to split the clips at the cut points. Resolve and SpeedGrade have this functionality built in, but you could use Magnum the Edit Detector [link] to do this directly in Ae.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

John Mark
Re: Frame Blending issues (CS6)
on Oct 8, 2013 at 10:26:00 pm

[Walter Soyka] "but you could use Magnum the Edit Detector [link] to do this directly in Ae."

So this will place key frames next to each cut scene? Then how will frame blend integrate more fluently with FB? One you activate Magnum, then start frame blending?

Thank you Walter in advanced.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]