ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

rendering out mocha splines?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Woodrendering out mocha splines?
by on Oct 7, 2013 at 5:57:13 am

Anyways, I'm apparently the only person who'd like to do this since I can't find anything on it, but I was wondering if there's a way to render out the splines/masks from mocha, like with the footage.

Basically I'm just wanting to put together a vfx reel and think it would be cool to do like quick passes of the layers of production put into each piece, which would include the mocha tracks/splines and mattes and such.

Obviously I could screen cap, but that doesn't seem particularly professional or the best quality, but I guess if it's the only option I'll have to make that work..

Thanks in advance!

[I realize this thread is for AE, but since Mocha and AE often come together...]

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: rendering out mocha splines?
by on Oct 7, 2013 at 9:30:49 am

screen recording software is your best bet- you can get clean high quality footage with Camtasia- used a lot for tutorials. FRAPS or Bandicam are used by gamers to capture game footage and also do a good job.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jesse WoodRe: rendering out mocha splines?
by on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:40:17 pm

ok, that's what i figured..

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: rendering out mocha splines?
by on Oct 8, 2013 at 9:40:20 pm

You can't render the actual splines from mocha - only the mattes can be rendered and you will need mochaPro for this feature. With mochaAE, you can export masks or mochaShapes and paste these into a Solid in AE.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved