ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Scripting question: how do I ignore dialog boxes that show up so my script continues?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew GadboisScripting question: how do I ignore dialog boxes that show up so my script continues?
by on Oct 5, 2013 at 1:00:22 am

I made a handy script that will load a series of projects and render them in succession. However unfortunately it got stuck when one of the projects gave an error dialog warning me that the one of the footage items was missing. I'm aware of that and not worried by it, I want my script to just ignore that warning and continue rather than getting stuck there. Is there a way to do that? I've looked everywhere and found nothing that can help me :(

I tried app.beginSuppressDialogs() and app.endSuppressDialogs() but they seem to cause my render to fail for some reason. Also in the documentation it makes it seem like that is to suppress scripting errors rather than dialogs that come from the app itself.

Thanks in advance!
~Matt

Return to posts index

Alex GerulaitisRe: Scripting question: how do I ignore dialog boxes that show up so my script continues?
by on Oct 5, 2013 at 7:40:05 am

A whole separate script might work: autoit, "ControlClick" function looks for a specific dialog box; there are other, less elegant options to ged rid of it.

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Engineer
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]