ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can AE or AME export mp4 wider than 4096?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan ManuelCan AE or AME export mp4 wider than 4096?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:05:59 pm

Hi, I have a client request for mp4 videos for a multiscreen setup in points of sale with a resolution of 5440x768 and 8160x768.
So far I'm just exporting a prores file out of AE and converting it to mp4 with Compressor, but I was wondering if it could be done using Adobe CS6.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Can AE or AME export mp4 wider than 4096?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:33:39 pm

It is wise to get all of the delivery specifications BEFORE these decisions.

The most importanty consideration is this: how will your AE animation be played back? You mention multiple screens: what is/are the playback device(s)? What kind of files do these devices require? At what frame rate must you work?

I think you are a long way away from deciding on one or more mp4 files.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Juan ManuelRe: Can AE or AME export mp4 wider than 4096?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 4:28:50 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "It is wise to get all of the delivery specifications BEFORE these decisions.

The most importanty consideration is this: how will your AE animation be played back? You mention multiple screens: what is/are the playback device(s)? What kind of files do these devices require? At what frame rate must you work?

I think you are a long way away from deciding on one or more mp4 files.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA"

Well, you are right of course, about potential issues with these delivery specifications. Mainly, whether they playback system, which I guess it's a PC, can deal with these high resolutions and bitrates without stuttering. So far, I'm assuming the client knows what he's asking (yep, that part is probably naive), so I'm working with the resolutions they've asked and the .mp4 wraper they also asked. But the client specifically asked for a single .mp4 file.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Can AE or AME export mp4 wider than 4096?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 5:56:48 pm

[Juan Manuel] "So far, I'm assuming the client knows what he's asking (yep, that part is probably naive), so I'm working with the resolutions they've asked and the .mp4 wraper they also asked. But the client specifically asked for a single .mp4 file."

There is no H.264 profile that accommodates those widths. A compliant encoder will not make these files.

In my experience, wide displays like this are often pre-split, but of course it depends on the playback system.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Juan ManuelRe: Can AE or AME export mp4 wider than 4096?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 8:00:13 pm

[Walter Soyka] "
There is no H.264 profile that accommodates those widths. A compliant encoder will not make these files.

In my experience, wide displays like this are often pre-split, but of course it depends on the playback system."

Yes, H.264 won't cut it, I'm using the older mpeg-4 through Compressor, which works. And, yes, the video will actually be split in half, with two sincronized devices controlling 3 monitors each for the 8160 pixels wide one and two for the 5440 one.
However, the client wants the full sized file so they can "preview" how it would look, despite the fact they'll have to scale it down to actually see it. Oh, well...

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Can AE or AME export mp4 wider than 4096?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 5:24:57 pm

Here are the specced levels for H264 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H264#Levels

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]