ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Won't render.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason ThomasWon't render.
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 5:54:44 am

Hello so I have just upgraded from After Effects CS6 to the updated version Creative Cloud, and well it's just not rendering out at all it, just sits there in the rendering queue my render settings are fine or at least they were in CS6, I also tried changing my output settings around and It didn't do much either other then making my RAM preview render faster haha... but If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thank you

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Won't render.
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 3:21:40 pm

What exactly happens when you press the render button? Anything?

Are your renders queued? That is, do they have a checkmark in the Render box, and their status says "Queued?" Are your output modules set to output to a valid path?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jason ThomasRe: Won't render.
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 5:18:55 pm

Yes the film is rendered and it is checked in the render queue and it does absolutely nothing when I click render. But how do I know whether or not my film is set to a valid output module or valid path?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:22:45 pm

Click on the file name for the output module and make sure you see where it's being saved.

So when you click the render button, literally nothing happens? Or something happens but you don't get a rendered output file? Is a log file generated in the folder to which you're trying to save the output?

Can you post screenshots of your render queue, your item's render settings, and its output module settings?

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while the application is starting.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Jason ThomasRe: Won't render.
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:36:19 pm

When I click render it will not actively render but I do get a output file. I reset my preferences and tried to render my film again and it worked, thank you very much for suggesting that, do you know why it was doing that though?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:44:34 pm

[Jason Thomas] "I reset my preferences and tried to render my film again and it worked, thank you very much for suggesting that, do you know why it was doing that though?"

Resetting preferences is my first suggestion for really weird and otherwise inexplicable behavior in After Effects.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]