ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Animation- CC sphere and Texturing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve TalbotAnimation- CC sphere and Texturing
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 10:28:13 pm

I'm beginning to work on an animation (about 10 minutes long) that personifies the planets in a comedic way.

I've gone through many tutorials on how to create a planet in After Effects, which isn't overly complex, especially since this animation isn't designed to appear hyper realistic, rather, a clean/ simple and good looking cartoon style.

I have the desired texture in a comp (lets say "Comp1") and then I use the CC sphere and apply the expression:
lookAt(thisComp.activeCamera.position, position) to the x,y,z rotations so it will move correctly when I move the camera. This has worked thus far.

What I'm having trouble with is accurately applying the face to the planet. The face animations (created in flash) should preferably be apart of the planet rather than floating above and needs to turn/move with the planet. I placed the face animation into Comp1, but when I view the "3D" planet the face is stretched due to it being pulled by the CC sphere.

My only thought is to distort the flash face animations so that it would appear correct when warped by the CC sphere.

Does anyone have suggestions on applying a face onto the planet? And having the nose actually appear to be "3D"?

Return to posts index

Jens EnqvistRe: Animation- CC sphere and Texturing
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 2:32:42 am

Not entirely sure what you are looking for but perhaps you'll find something here Planet Texture Maps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved