ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Modifying a composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer HolmanModifying a composition
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:31:13 pm

Hello everyone. First time poster longtime admirer.

I needed help and hopefully its an easy fix, I'm just stumped.

Quick BG; I purchased a template. In the template are assets and comps. I need to duplicate a few comps and then modify them. In the comps are audio, video and graphic layers.

My goal: I need to make 10 of the comps for my project and the template only has 7. I dragged the 7 comps to my timeline and I am trying to duplicate 3 of the comps so that I can have a total of 10 comps in my project.

My question: How do I duplicate 3 of the comp so I can change the graphics. I do not want to change the video or audio. I just want to replace the graphic.

I tried doing this for several hours but every time I duplicate the comp and drag it to my timeline it modifies the original comp.

I hope I explained my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Modifying a composition
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 5:38:27 pm

You need to find the comps in the project window and duplicate those, that will create a new comp that you can modify. If you do it in the timeline, you are making a copy of a single asset.

Also if your comps have comps within them you would need to duplicate all of those comps too. Here's a great script that will do all of that for you. True Comp Duplicator Compatibility After Effects

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved