ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion tracking issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed IqbalMotion tracking issue
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 5:35:02 am

Hi all
I have very basic and simple question that somehow I am not being able to figure out.

As per attached screenshot, this is simple composition that has a backdrop of buildings and a van moving from left to right emitting smoke.

The smoke is applied on it's own layer and I have tried to precisely animate the position keyframes of smoke layer (Particular's position property) but is does not do a precise job.

I am trying to apply motion tracking on the rare BUMPER of van so that I could apply and use those motion tracking keyframes applied on null layer and then link Smoke's position property with this null layer.

Remember my van itself is a precomp which contains several objects to make a complete 2d van model.

So when I try to motion track the rare bumper on my van precomp, AE takes me into the precomp itself. Whereas in my van precomp, the van is not moving.

I wanted to apply motion track on van small animation in my Main (root) composition. I hope you get my point. May be there is more sensable way of doing this but again animating simply position keyframes of Particular Smoke layer is not giving me precise results. I want it as if smoke emitting point is really sticking to van movement.

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Motion tracking issue
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 9:30:25 am

Hi Syed

------ doubt if you need to track the van to do what you want.

I reckon either --

1 ) simply apply the motion key-frames of your van to a pre-comp that contains the smoke / then pre-comp the result and reposition to the exhaust pipe

2 ) Precomp the smoke emitter then just add 2 key-frames one as the van enters and one as it leaves / then tweak key-frames on time line if required.

Return to posts index

Syed IqbalRe: Motion tracking issue
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:10:17 am

Hi Chris
Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas. I will give it a try for sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved