ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Interpolation problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Augusto Garcia
Interpolation problem
on Sep 26, 2013 at 12:16:34 am

Hey, my first post.

I'm trying to do some advanced lip syncing for a cartoon character, and I will narrow it a bit down here to explain my problem.

I've seen some lip sync tutorials that use time remapping on a precomp, which works fine if you want different static mouths representing the different sounds.

But I'm gonna be difficult and demand interpolation! In other words; I want the mouth shape to be able to go from A to C, without going through B, and I want interpolation between A and C.

Can it be done?

Thanks! ;D

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Interpolation problem
on Sep 26, 2013 at 2:46:45 am

Yes, you can interpolate between paths, such as from one mask path to another or from one shape path to another. Just set keyframes for a path property, and interpolation will happen between the keyframes as with any other property.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Augusto Garcia
Re: Interpolation problem
on Sep 26, 2013 at 5:23:52 pm

Thanks for the reply Todd!!

Another doubt I have, is possible to do interpolation between layers,for example, create a mouth rig and go to A from C,without going through B?

Thanks! ;D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]