ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering problem after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark dowieRendering problem after effects
by on Sep 25, 2013 at 11:58:47 am

Hi. Im rendering out my biggest project ever. The master comp has other comps added to it as layers. When i render out it get so far and then stops with out an error message. Im rendering out as quicktime movie mp4. The partially rendered mp4 plays fine. Ive even rendered the end part of the sequence where it normally crashes when i render from the start and that plays fine. i could render out in parts and then add the parts together but would rather not.
Ive enable the cache in preferences and given it a maximum 300 gb but still it stops rendering twoards the end. Im doing this on a del studio 1735 it has 4 gb of ram. Ive even tried rendering to various locations including my desktop which take huge files.
Can any of you help. It would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Rendering problem after effects
by on Sep 25, 2013 at 1:21:51 pm

I'm not going to diagnose the problem but offer a solution(thought your computer seems to be lacking in RAM). Render to a tiff sequence, if it fails, you can pick up from where it failed. Now you have an uncompressed mastering quality seq. If have audio, bring both of them into premiere, sync it up and render using Media Encoder.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin ReinerRe: Rendering problem after effects
by on Sep 25, 2013 at 4:20:08 pm

A little low on RAM, so make sure you turn off multiprocessing and follow John's advice on Tiff sequence. Maybe try rendering it in segments and then stitching together in editing app and then exporting an mp4.

And how big is big? What is your frame size and what kind of footage, effects, etc are being used?

Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32GB Memory
Dual-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Dell Display (23" flat panel)
Nvidia Quadro 4000
AJA Kona LSi SD/HD capture card
Rourke 16 TB
Flanders 2460

Mac OS X 10.8.4
Premiere CC
After Effects CC
Boris Continuum