ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to add a wiggle to an illustration having used Stroke?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deborah SovierzoskiHow to add a wiggle to an illustration having used Stroke?
by on Sep 24, 2013 at 1:31:22 am

Morning creative cow-wers :)

I'm looking to find out how to add a wiggle to illustrations drawn on to the canvas with the Stroke effect. I am trying to replicate the kind of wiggle found in this video:

http://theleadingedge.com/#/brand

It's a bit of a wiggle with a bit of lighting effect. Is it maybe an expression added on to stroke? I am hoping to effect all the lines as opposed to the scale as a whole. maybe a little bit more dramatic than what they've done here.

Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Deb

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: How to add a wiggle to an illustration having used Stroke?
by on Sep 24, 2013 at 12:20:04 pm

Hi, I'll tell you what I would do and maybe that will shed some light.

I tend to never use stroke unless I need some taper (then I go for 3d stroke), so I would copy every single path and paste to a shape layer. This way I'd have a built in wiggle through the wiggle paths modifier.

After setting that up, I'd create a new comp with a hard clipped animated B&W noise/texture, with just a little bit of gray. I'd use that as a matte to roughen my edges a bit and create some lightning effect.

Return to posts index

Deborah SovierzoskiRe: How to add a wiggle to an illustration having used Stroke?
by on Nov 27, 2013 at 4:46:26 am

Hi Cassius,

Sorry for so late a reply! I just wanted to say thank you for posting and shedding some light into your process.

I ended up using stroke with turbulent displace and that was enough wiggle for me. The B/W noise texture is a great idea though, will definitely use next time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]