ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Snapping to whole frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed AsinedSnapping to whole frames
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:05:11 pm

Hello folks,
I could use a little advice:
I spent the last week creating an animated title sequence purely in AE at a standard 29.97fps and then right as I was finishing, the client told me that it was going to be shown in the UK and needed to be 25fps.
I know... I should have asked before starting. Seems like I never learn.

As there was no actual footage in the sequence I didn't think it would be a big deal to convert the project from 29.97 down to 25 - but now all of my text layers are not snapping to whole frames. They seem to lie half-way between frames. To fix this I'm having to go in and manually adjust every single layer... and there are a LOT of layers.

Does anyone know if there is a better way of doing this?
Was there something I should have done when converting - other than just going into the project settings and changing the frame rate?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Snapping to whole frames
by on Sep 24, 2013 at 2:49:56 am

Create a 25fps composition. Nest your 29.97fps composition in it. Render and export the 25fps composition. That's it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]