ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Zooming into Ipad screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair GallopZooming into Ipad screen
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 5:02:49 pm

Trying to work this out, its messing with my mind a bit:

I want to superimpose an ipad screen over an image like this and then use a camera to zoom into the screen to end to end up with the screen only in view which will then begin to animate etc.

Struggling to work out the process, im guessing I need to keep the main image and the screen as separate entities?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Zooming into Ipad screen
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 5:22:34 pm

If you have time to run a test, try this:
Get the shot with the pad turned OFF. Use Mocha to track the pad. Use Rotobrush to isolate the pad surface.
Apply the Mocha track to a nested comp, which is a totally-rebuilt... um, desktop for the pad. You can put anything you want in it.
Apply a blend mode to the isolated pad surface tio give you all those reflections, light glints, etc. to make it look real.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Zooming into Ipad screen
by on Sep 24, 2013 at 11:10:43 am

Along the lines of Dave's advice I would add- make the precomp full screen. If you want a real camera move then you'll have to do a 3d track and position your precomp to match the screen in the live shot in 3d space. This way the virtual camera will match the real camera - of course you'll have to adjust the end to have a perfect full frame of the desktop. If you want to do a quick zoom in post, the you need only worry about animating a quick scale up (add motion blur) and position/scale the precomp using corner pin.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved