ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Jpeg onto 3d wall in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leia LeloJpeg onto 3d wall in after effects
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 1:56:11 pm

Hello there,

I am learning after effects but its still early days, I am trying to make a png image appear on a 3D wall (its a jpeg). I want a png since jpeg wont save transparency, but when I make the wall and then image 3d the png wont follow the walls movements when I parent them...what should I do?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Jpeg onto 3d wall in after effects
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 2:57:41 pm

You need to give us more information. What do you mean you make make the wall? Are you creating the wall in AE or do you have just have a image of a wall? And how are you doing movement, 3D camera or just moving one of the images.

For what it's worth, if I were doing this, I would take the wall and the png image and place them in there own composition(WALL_Composite). In that comp, I would composite the png image on to the wall, then I would take Wall_Coposite and drop it into the final. Then it would act together as one image.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Leia LeloRe: Jpeg onto 3d wall in after effects
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:24:35 pm

Hello and thanks for answering,

Yes moor info, ok so my idea was to take 2 jpeg images, make them 3d and use one as a wall and one as floor, I then want different images to appear on the wall, whiles I can get different angles using a camera, but I want the images to stay fixed on the wall, BUT I don't want just 1 image, I want a series of them to appear after each other in the same spot. Does that make sense? When I unclick the Continues Rasterize the image stayes put to the wall even when I move the viewpoint with the camera tool BUT when I test export it it looks terrible, whiles the rastorized exported looks great but wont 'glue' to the wall...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved