ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"Fake" one-shot: transition between two sheets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Smaro Papaevangelou"Fake" one-shot: transition between two sheets
by on Sep 19, 2013 at 5:09:07 pm

Hello dear CreativeCowers,

I searched the forum for something relevant before posting but i didn't know exactly what to look for so I decided to post my questions:

I am currently working on a video that is supposed to look like a continuous shot. The footage consists of tracking shots that usually end up to a dark surface and start from a dark-black surface. In this case the simple cut as well as the dissolve works and it looks as if the whole thing was shot continuously.

However there's also a transition I have to make between two white sheets that are a bit different. When I use a dissolve, it doesn't look good, it looks FAR from an invisible edit! Any suggestions for other types of transition? Should I use a morphing technique?

I am editing in Final Cut Pro, but I am posting this here because After Effects is the way to go in this case I guess.

Return to posts index

Dave SimpsonRe: "Fake" one-shot: transition between two sheets
by on Sep 19, 2013 at 6:34:11 pm

You could try a combination of one of the blur effects with a dissolve and see how that looks.

cheers

Return to posts index

Dustin ParsonsRe: "Fake" one-shot: transition between two sheets
by on Sep 19, 2013 at 7:51:41 pm

Do the sheets have the same color balance and brightness or is the cut only visible because the folds/shadows in the sheet are different?

Can you post the transition as it is now? Might be able to give more feedback if we see it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: "Fake" one-shot: transition between two sheets
by on Sep 20, 2013 at 12:22:13 am

[Smaro Papaevangelou] "...there's also a transition I have to make between two white sheets that are a bit different."

How are they different? Were the two shots white-balanced differently, so they're a different shade of white? Color Finesse or Colorista could fix that.

Beyond that, it's difficult to give advice because we can't see the shots.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Smaro PapaevangelouRe: "Fake" one-shot: transition between two sheets
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 1:39:28 pm

Thank you everyone, I eventually managed to do it using a combination of color correction and blur effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]