ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Export in 1080i

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Pablo Boraso
Export in 1080i
on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:33:10 pm

Hi everyone

im having problems trying to export my composition into a .mov at 1080i, 25 fps (PAL-system) whith alpha channel.

So. I got my ORIGINAL composition, preset at HDTV 1080 25 (not specified if is progressive or interlaced..)

And what im trying to do is export my graphic with alpha channel into a .mov 1080i at 25 fps (PAL system) --- > (haha sorry to reapet)

I tryed to exported the composition asi it is in both 25 and 50 fps.
And then use the adobe encoder to convert it in a 1080i (25 fps - UF) footage...
the only way that i was able to do this, was by exporting it as a TIFF secuence (wich also works for my client)
the problem was that only in the 50 fps secuence a was able to see the interlaced fields in my tiffs images..
the 25 fps secuence does not look like intelaced.

1 - Any ideas why After effect wont let me export directly in 1080i?

2 - if i import my 50 fps tiff sequence into a AE with a 25 fps interpretation, thet would do the trick?? imean... i finally got my 1080i tiff sequence correctly exported??

Hope ive been clear enought...

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Export in 1080i
on Sep 19, 2013 at 5:13:45 pm

[Juan Pablo Boraso] "1 - Any ideas why After effect wont let me export directly in 1080i?"

In Ae, add your 25 fps comp to the render queue. In the render queue, edit the render settings. Under time sampling, set "Field render" to "Upper field first."

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Juan Pablo Boraso
on Sep 19, 2013 at 5:24:36 pm

Thank you so much!

one more question, and if my comp is set at 50 fps, i just have to "interpretate footage as 25" at the render settings ?? o that would give me a slomo effect??

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 19, 2013 at 5:34:08 pm

[Juan Pablo Boraso] "one more question, and if my comp is set at 50 fps, i just have to "interpretate footage as 25" at the render settings ?? o that would give me a slomo effect??"

It's not "interpret" -- it's what frame rate to render with. So yes, you could just set it to 25 fps there and render Upper Field First.

You could also change your comp settings to 25 fps. All your timing will be preserved. After Effects really only thinks in seconds (with decimal places) under the hood. It does not think in frames.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Juan Pablo Boraso
on Sep 26, 2013 at 7:16:38 pm

One question, its normal, as i see it, that in an 1080i export you see the interlaced fields (that "horizontal flicker" between the two fields) when you play it in an progresive system (such as a computer monitor)
am i right?

or there is a way to supress that "flicker"?? (the kind of flick that i embed in this reply)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]