ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I click and drag an edge of a mask without dragging the rest of the mask with it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darragh GriffinHow do I click and drag an edge of a mask without dragging the rest of the mask with it?
by on Sep 18, 2013 at 10:17:41 pm

Hi
How do I click and drag an edge of a mask without dragging the rest of the mask with it? I just want to expand that edge of the mask by clicking and dragging that edge? Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How do I click and drag an edge of a mask without dragging the rest of the mask with it?
by on Sep 19, 2013 at 2:34:02 am

See this part of After Effects Help:
http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/animating-shape-paths-masks.html...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do I click and drag an edge of a mask without dragging the rest of the mask with it?
by on Sep 19, 2013 at 11:35:20 am

And if you don't want to read all of that, twirl open your mask and click on path, then use selection tool(the arrow) draw a rectangle around the areas you want to select. Then move them.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Darragh GriffinRe: How do I click and drag an edge of a mask without dragging the rest of the mask with it?
by on Sep 19, 2013 at 2:50:46 pm

Johnny, thanks a lot for your advice. Works a charm!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]