ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changes doesn't show on preview as I'm changing the value

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ditha AngrainiChanges doesn't show on preview as I'm changing the value
by on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:49:02 pm

Hi, sorry if the subject didn't say much. I don't know what to call it (I've only just had access to AE and started using it more frequently in the past three months, and I'm doing a lot of tutorials at the moment).

I came across a tutorial awhile back, one part of the tutorial involved in activating/deactivating something that allows me to drag numbers in the layer's properties but the changes won't take place until the number is set. For example, if I'm dragging the scale number on the comp, the object on the preview monitor doesn't change as I drag this number up/down until the number is set. I think I've turned on this feature then, but I didn't turn it back off (and I can't remember which tutorial it was). Can someone please let me know how can I get this back so I can drag the numbers and the changes shows on the preview window as I'm doing it?

I hope this make sense, I'm trying my best to describe the problem I'm having.

Thank you very much for the help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Changes doesn't show on preview as I'm changing the value
by on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:22:16 pm

I'm not in front of my AE machine at the moment, but you're problem is with Live Update. It's just toggling the Live Update swith one way or the other. Look it up in AE Help and you'll get the straight skinny on it. The switch is in different places in different versions.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ditha AngrainiRe: Changes doesn't show on preview as I'm changing the value
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:25:43 am

Live update! That's the term I've been looking for. Thank you so much :) I've found the button and now all working the way I want it. I knew it was something simple but couldn't remember which one was it and what it's called.

Thank you very much for the help :)

Dee
http://dithascreativejourney.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Changes doesn't show on preview as I'm changing the value
by on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:37:43 pm

Dave is correct.

See this:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/737571

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ditha AngrainiRe: Changes doesn't show on preview as I'm changing the value
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:26:34 am

Thank you very much for the help :) Working fine now.

Dee
http://dithascreativejourney.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]