ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Liquid Fill Transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin CharlesLiquid Fill Transition
by on Sep 14, 2013 at 5:12:04 pm

Hi guys,

I am looking to replicate something similar to this:

Except, I want it to fill the full screen before dropping, with some text being revealed within the liquid layer.

I have hunted around for tutorials and other forum posts, but nothing that matches these characteristics from my example. I really like the gloop density this has, instead of just a water effect.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Liquid Fill Transition
by on Sep 14, 2013 at 5:24:56 pm

You need a plugin called newton.

Here's a tutorial.

My Work:

Return to posts index

Benjamin CharlesRe: Liquid Fill Transition
by on Sep 14, 2013 at 5:30:19 pm

Fantastic, can't wait to try it!

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: Liquid Fill Transition
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 7:12:16 pm

I love Newton and own it as well, but you could save a lot of money just doing this by hand unless you plan to use Newton a lot more, which is highly probable.

Handmade technique would basically involve a bunch of randomly sized circles with an adjustment layer on the whole stack using a gaussian blur and matte choker to get the liquid sticky effect as the come in "contact" with each other. You could create a bunch of circle layers with a cool script called Array As far as random scalling them, there are a few ways you could do that. Array might have a way of doing it, but a random expression on the scale parameter would probably do just as well. I'm not sure exactly what the expression would be, but I'm sure someone's written one up here on the cow. Once you get all your circles created, basically animate them on, then animate them off. You can offset the layers to get a bit of randomness with the motion using this script - Make sure you do your animation before offsetting the layers. You could also employ Ease & Whiz bounce to get some bounce in the water

Hope that helps with some additional methods. Don't get me wrong, tho, Newton is freaking awesome.

Jason Jantzen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved