ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CC Memory problems while rendering.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron LeniusAE CC Memory problems while rendering.
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 6:47:36 pm

So I keep getting an error when I try and render my comp.

I can scrub through the comp no problem but when I try and render it... no deal.

Yet when I render the same exact file in AE CS5.5 I get no error and it comes out fine.

Do I need to add more RAM (Which I will probably do anyway) or what's the deal? I currently only have 8G. but the render I'm working on is only 6 seconds in length at 1920x1080. In my RAM allocation I'm giving 7.5G to AE.

Return to posts index

Dave SimpsonRe: AE CC Memory problems while rendering.
by on Sep 13, 2013 at 5:50:15 pm

Do you have the same amount of RAM allocated to AE in CS5.5? Usually you need to set aside more memory for other applications and the OS. Adding more RAM will of course help out a lot (who doesn't want more memory :-) ) but for now I'd lower the RAM set aside for AE and leave at least a quarter of the memory for other processes.

Return to posts index

Aaron LeniusRe: AE CC Memory problems while rendering.
by on Sep 13, 2013 at 8:02:15 pm

I actually have less memory set aside for AE 5.5. So you think I'm allocating too much memory for AE CC? and that's why i get a memory error in CC? At first I had them setup the same. 6G to AE and 2 to everything else.

Return to posts index

Dana GasparineRe: AE CC Memory problems while rendering.
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 3:07:10 am

Hey there,
I've gotten around this error before by doing the following:

1. (MAC) Go to "AFTEREFFECTS" dropdown --> Preferences --> Memory & Multiprocessing
(PC - I think) "EDIT" dropdown --> Preferences --> Memory & Multiprocessing

((if you can't find it go to HELP Dropdown and start typing "memory & multiprocessing" until the computer shows you where to go for your system/version))

2. In the window that pops up, you will see how much ram you have on your computer ("Installed RAM") and below it in yellow "RAM Reserved for other applications"

3. Increase the yellow number and press OK.

That worked for me, you can try adjusting that same number up or down if that helps.
(FOR REFERENCE: My system has 16 GB installed, and I changed RAM Resevered for other apps from 5 to 10)
*Fingers Crossed*

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved