ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Futuristic Car Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert GerrardFuturistic Car Effect
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:43:21 am

I'm doing a video and the client asked for a futurist car effect with glowing lights along the frame. There are shots when the car is still but we also have shots of the car driving on the freeway. I'm thinking I would have to use Mocha to track the entire car then use the track data to parent the glowing frame. I need some help doing this, any advice/tutorials/links would be appreciated thank you!

...The reference clip of the effect I'm going for is at 0:50 of the following video:

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Futuristic Car Effect
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 5:55:43 pm

Can you post some shots or video of the car in question, that might change the approach people have to your problem.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Futuristic Car Effect
by on Sep 20, 2013 at 8:31:59 pm

There are many videos that cover mocha tracking at imagineer systems' website. Car tracking is quite easy for mocha as it uses "planar tracking".

What you will want to do is draw shapes around various objects on the car, than hit track. Then refine the shapes and export out as After Effects masks (edit>paste mocha mask).

Best of luck,

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved