ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why do I have less render options on windows AE6 than I do on mac AE6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Baum
Why do I have less render options on windows AE6 than I do on mac AE6
on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:02:40 am

I tend to bounce back and forth between working on copies of After Effects six on mac and windows as I am a film student. I've noticed that when I go to render on my windows copy of AE6 I only have about half of the render options as I do on the mac version of AE6 that I some times work with.

I was wondering if any one else had this problem and if there is a simple way to remedy it.

The most notable option I am missing on the widows side is the ability to select QiuckTime as a format. Without this option I cant go into the format options window and select H2.64 and be able to also limit my bit rate data.

If any one has any tips, updates, patches, or plugins that will fix this I would really appreciate it thanks!

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Why do I have less render options on windows AE6 than I do on mac AE6
on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:32:57 am

The render options that you have available will be dependent on the platform of your computer because each one has different codecs available like AVI for Windows or prores for macs. But QuickTime should be available in either platform. I'm not in front of the computer right now so I'm going by memory but I believe if you go to edit>templates>output module and then select "new" you should be able to create a new preset In QuickTime format or whatever format you choose.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Why do I have less render options on windows AE6 than I do on mac AE6
on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:48:37 am

[Chris Baum] "The most notable option I am missing on the widows side is the ability to select QiuckTime as a format."

On the PC, QuickTime must be installed in order for Ae to use it. (On a Mac, QuickTime is always pre-installed as part of the OS.)

You can download QuickTime from Apple:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

[Chris Baum] "Without this option I cant go into the format options window and select H2.64 and be able to also limit my bit rate data."

You'll get better results using Adobe Media Encoder to make H.264 MP4 files than you will compressing to H.264 MOV from within Ae.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]