ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Batman needs you!! 3D object problems between open GL on VS interactive!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikey Hearn
Batman needs you!! 3D object problems between open GL on VS interactive!
on Sep 11, 2013 at 6:21:00 pm

Hey!

i have been doing this animation project for a while now and its my biggest after effects project yet. i have been using open gl (on) to build all my 3d layered objects including the batcave and the batmobile...i did this at the start as i had an old 2006 imac which could run at its best. i now have the all singing all dancing latest iMac 2013 maxed out. The problem still lies though.

My problem is everything is fine when its on open GL (on) but as soon as i change it to interactive everything goes everywhere, the batmobiles wheels and interior move out of place and layers disappear...its weird as some comps it doesn't effect like the thrusters below but as soon as i go into the batmobile comp as a whole the thrusters move all over the place. i would keep it as open GL (On) but i lose all the effects and it looks so much nicer as interactive.

please help! some pictures below to help see my problem.

p.s also i have 32gb of ram yet its only using 10%?!
Many thanks

here the thruster with open GL on and interactive, they dont look any different.

heres the thruster with GL on where it should be.

heres the thruster with interactive mode on. As you can see they have moved as with other things gone.

heres the batmobile as a whole in open GL (ON) with the batcave differences too!

batcave with INTERACTIVE its gone crazy.

batcave with just open GL on

i dont understand after effects well enough to figure it out so any advice given is awesome.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Batman needs you!! 3D object problems between open GL on VS interactive!
on Sep 12, 2013 at 7:18:28 pm

What version of Ae do you have?

The OpenGL renderer for final output was removed in CS6 -- this is a good thing, as it had some very serious limitations.

Given that, you can't be sure that OpenGL fast previews will actually match your output anyway. How does it look with Off or Adaptive Resolution?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mikey Hearn
on Sep 12, 2013 at 7:55:33 pm

hey!

thankyou walter for getting back to me.

unfortunately i have CS5 so im guessing thats AE7?! im not to sure.

With it off or adaptive it looks the same as interactive so it's no good, when i output to render with Open GL on then it comes out the same as it does on my screen which is what i wanted but lower resolution and no effects.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:14:11 pm

[Mikey Hearn] "unfortunately i have CS5 so im guessing thats AE7?! im not to sure."

CS5 is v10.

[Mikey Hearn] "With it off or adaptive it looks the same as interactive so it's no good, when i output to render with Open GL on then it comes out the same as it does on my screen which is what i wanted but lower resolution and no effects."

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline? Do you have any 2D layers, adjustment layers, or layer styles that may be interfering with the 3D render order?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mikey Hearn
on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:36:02 pm

on my final composition this is what it looks like, but im afraid i have so many compositions in compositions that if there is a few things messing it all up it'll be like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

im not sure how many layers i have but is over well over 3000. :S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]