ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

corrupted project!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anton Shucorrupted project!
by on Sep 5, 2013 at 6:19:05 pm

hello dear community,
today I had a power failure and now my project is corrupted. It says :"After effects error:missing data in file (33::4). I was really disappointed, when I discovered auto save check box unchecked... It is a complex project, character animation designed in Illustrator, animated in after effects and edited in premiere pro, no renders, I was editing compositions from after effects via dynamic link.. about 150 compositions. I have searched forums, and this is what I did:
1. copied .aep file in to another disk drive and tried to import corrupted project in to the new one. (tried also with caps lock on)
2. recover project directory with Recuva data recovery software - recovered earlier versions of the project were also corrupted.
3. tried to open it on MAC/PC
4. trashed preferences
I know the next time I will backup files, and check autosave for sure. That was a bitter lesson. But is there any possibility to fix the broken file? many weeks of hard work are gone.. please help

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: corrupted project!
by on Sep 5, 2013 at 10:50:22 pm

The answers that you've already gotten here are about the best that you're going to get:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved