ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Replace entire iphone screen in Mocha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher RichardsonReplace entire iphone screen in Mocha
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 9:20:13 am

Hi Guys,

I shot some footage last week of someone using an app on an iphone 5. The screen is half covered in reflection which isn't at all pretty!

I think the best option is to replace the screen using Mocha. However, I'm struggling to find a tutorial that covers replacing the ENTIRE front face. I've seen plenty that show how to replace just the screen! Does any one know of any? I'm desperate to say the least!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Replace entire iphone screen in Mocha
by on Sep 5, 2013 at 2:12:33 am

If you've already tracked the screen, then all you need to do is to draw a new spline to encompass the entire face. Then link this new spline/layer to the tracking layer. If your original track was solid, you should be fine. Otherwise, you will need to keyframe the second spline such that it accurately fills the face.

You will have to be mindful of fingers encroaching into the face area. When you are done in mocha, you export BOTH the corner tracking data and the shape data. The shape data is required to account for the rounded corners on the face - use this as a matte for your replacement face image.

The tracking data is required so that the perspective and positional changes are correctly represented after you insert the replacement screen.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Christopher RichardsonRe: Replace entire iphone screen in Mocha
by on Sep 11, 2013 at 2:11:01 pm

Thanks Roland, I'll give it a try!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved