ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Typography rotation without changing beginning animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bauman
Typography rotation without changing beginning animation
on Sep 3, 2013 at 3:48:21 am

So I'm new at typographical animating in AF, and I can't seem to find an answer as to how rotate a square of text, and then having it exit upward outside the title safe area without altering the positions I have all the text start at. Basically, my main body of text comes in in the beginning, all the key frames are in place. I want another bit of text to come in from the side, so it slides into position next to my first body of text, but at a sideways angle. Then I want to rotate all of it so my SECOND body of text that I had slide in, is right-side up instead of sideways. To do this, I've created a null object to be the parent for all my text on screen, and then I select the null, select the rotation key frame and rotate my null to its final position. But when I playback the whole thing, I discover this has changed the positions of my text in the very beginning of my Time Ruler. What am I missing here? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Typography rotation without changing beginning animation
on Sep 3, 2013 at 5:06:16 pm

You have to animate that null's rotation after the second text comes in. From what you said you're simply rotating it, not animating.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:42:57 pm

You should commit the Parenting structure when the Timeline Current Indicator (TCI) is on the Null's first keyframe - or earlier. This preserves the integrity of the child layer's transform keyframes that were created earlier in the Timeline prior to Parenting.

It sounds like you committed to the Parenting structure after the Null's first transform keyframe.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

David Bauman
on Sep 4, 2013 at 6:43:22 pm

Thank you both. Seems I wasn't clicking just to the left of Transform on the Add or remove Key Frame at Current Time in order for AF to register the position before it the next animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]