ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking cam question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john titorTracking cam question
by on Aug 31, 2013 at 9:12:59 pm

Hey, I have some footage which is a bit shaky and quite dark as it was filmed at night handheld in a stationary car. I would like to stabilise it using tracking points but am guessing because it's dark there aren't any areas in the footage to latch onto to stabilise it? Or could I stabilise it using two track cam points? Alternately if doesn't work I was thinking of having the shot shaky as it is. However I need to roto in a nebula background which will be seen from the windows so was thinking is it possible to track the motion of the footage and then link it to the nebula footage so that it moves in tandem with the filmed footage?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Tracking cam question
by on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:40:52 am

Have you tried the Warp Stabilizer?

If not, try it:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

john titorRe: Tracking cam question
by on Sep 1, 2013 at 11:28:22 am

I have AE CS4, I dont have that effect.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tracking cam question
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 3:49:40 am

You can use the Exposure effect to brighten your footage in a precomp. Then track the precomp after you've nested it. Hopefully, this will allow you to see the required track points with sufficient clarify.

You should also be able to track the window and use the tracking data to place your nebula. Ideally, you will apply the tracking data onto a Null Object and then parent the nebula to this Null Object. Then nudge the nebula into its preferred position.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved