ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pixel Aspect Ratio Default Setting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frankie JonesPixel Aspect Ratio Default Setting
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 5:39:54 pm

I am a little confused by why After Effects keeps importing thumbnails I create for YouTube videos as 1.33 rather than 1.0 Square Pixels. Means I have to Ctrl+Alt+G and change it with everything I import.
I figure it might be an issue with how I export from photoshop, but I am just exporting as .png and there doesn't seem to be an option to choose pixel aspect ratio. I use the same photoshop file for all the thumbnails then render and add them to after effects. They have to be saved as PNG from photoshop as I use them for other things as well.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Pixel Aspect Ratio Default Setting
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:28:31 pm

AE will default to a PAR interpretation of 1.33 for footage with specific pixel dimensions. So, what are the pixel dimensions of the stuff that you work with while in PS?

You should also take note that after applying a specific footage interpretation (via CTRL+ALT+G), you can then CTRL+ALT+C (which copies the interpretation settings) while this footage is selected. Then CTRL+ALT+V, to paste the settings onto any number of selected footage items.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Pixel Aspect Ratio Default Setting
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:29:04 pm

Not sure why that is happening.

But you can adjust all of them at once from 1.33 to 1.0 pxl.

ctrl+alt+G and change the settings in the intemperate footage dialog. Close that out.

With the same image selected in the Project window. Press ctrl+alt+c.

Now select all the other images at once and Press ctrl+alt+v.

This pastes the intemperate footage settings from one image/video to all selected.

My Work:

Return to posts index

Frankie JonesRe: Pixel Aspect Ratio Default Setting
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:20:45 pm

For those wondering the actual answer is you can change it in the interpretationrules.txt file in roaming.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved