ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Jump Rope Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ginski jermolajewJump Rope Effect
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:26:54 pm

Hi all.
I'm trying to create a jump rope effect in my video to reveal in front of my character (who is rotorscoped) and hide behind as the rope moves in a 3D space.

For the rope I created a 3-point mask path and added a 3D stroke effect that I got to orbit in 3D space.
I've motion tracked the hands of my character with 2 separate trackers and have null objects connected to those tracks.

I'd like to be able to connect mask points 1 and 3 to the separate hands that will be "holding" the jump rope but I don't see a way of separately connecting mask points to different positions, only the entire mask.

Basically, I've got the rope going around my character but I would like to connect the rope ends to my character's hands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Ginski

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Jump Rope Effect
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:29:42 pm

You know, I think I'd try to do this in a real 3D application if you have one. It might be more trouble that it's worth to do it in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Jump Rope Effect
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 4:05:31 pm

Perhaps the Tracker2Mask script could be used.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

ginski jermolajewRe: Jump Rope Effect
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 4:50:24 pm

Hi guys.
Thanks for the tips but I managed to find a solution that works for my application. I didn't know about the mask path keyframes option. I just used that to keyframe the path movements to the hand. A little rudimentary but fine for my purpose.
Thanks again.
Ginski

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Jump Rope Effect
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 11:33:40 pm

Glad you were able to work it out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]