ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Small Previev box in Project Window - black/transparency

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Artur Jurzyk
Small Previev box in Project Window - black/transparency
on Aug 29, 2013 at 11:35:38 am

HI

I googled problem but I cant find any solution. We all can live with this.. but solving this would save much time maybe not only me.

Situation:
I preparing files in illustrator and import to aftereffect as a footage or composition with layers. (no difference this time)

then i organize them in project window, and I have much of them (this time I have more then 80 ai files)

when I'm animating I want to use a project window as "painter pallet" I want to chose right file to use on time line, and to help whit that is this small preview box in the corner... of project window

and everything would be perfect.. but this window have black background, and my ai file are ready to animate so they are black with transparency. i cant see my icons :(

is there any way to have this small preview box with transparency chessboard? or to change collor instead of black bg?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Small Previev box in Project Window - black/transparency
on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:00:05 pm

[Artur Jurzyk] "is there any way to have this small preview box with transparency chessboard?"

Yes. Click the flyout menu for the project panel (upper-right corner, the downward-facing arrow next to four lines), then enable "Thumbnail Transparency Grid."

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Artur Jurzyk
Re: Small Previev box in Project Window - black/transparency
on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:03:09 pm

soo obvious...

Thank you! :)

Return to posts index