ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Buena Depth Cue issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike ForanBuena Depth Cue issues
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 12:38:40 pm

I have been trying to use a demo version of Buena Depth Cue to create depth mattes from within AE, but I am having two, possibly related, issues that are killing the functionality in AECS6. First, when using 'Precompose Depth' as in the online tutorial, the 'Master Depth Control' layer of my depth comp does nothing. I have tried it with all types of source objects, including EXACTLY what he does in the tutorial but the controls have no effect. Secondly, and this is even more critical, if I move an object in my depth cue AFTER I have applied the depth plugin, it will not update in real time. The ONLY way I can get it to update the grey value based on Z space is to open the 'Options' for the plugin and then close it again, which apparently causes the plugin to reevaluate position and updates the value.

I cannot believe this is the expected behavior, but I cannot find any way to fix the issue. Has anyone come across this?

I hate to post support questions here but I just picked up this plugin and apparently there is NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT for it. The support button in the plugin is a dead link. So I apologize for that. But this plugin could be extremely valuable to me if I could get it to behave as expected.

Return to posts index

Mike ForanRe: Buena Depth Cue issues
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 1:11:57 pm

As a follow up here is an image illustrating the issue I am having:

I should also add, CS6 under Windows 7.

If anyone has some experience with this I would be most appreciative.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Buena Depth Cue issues
by on Aug 27, 2013 at 7:48:13 pm

Do you have the latest version?

Buena Depth Cue was recently acquired by Rowbyte Software (developers of Plexus):

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mike ForanRe: Buena Depth Cue issues
by on Aug 28, 2013 at 1:35:51 pm

Yes, I do. What I really need is just an answer about whether this is the expected behavior. If not, it it probably another issue in my system.

Return to posts index

Satya MekaRe: Buena Depth Cue issues
by on Sep 5, 2013 at 5:50:17 pm

Please download the latest version (2.5.1 as of this writing) which fixes all the issues you've mentioned.

Satya G Meka,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved