ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cinema 4D Lite and Thrausi

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vishal PulikottilCinema 4D Lite and Thrausi
by on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:09:55 pm

I don't know how many of you know about or use the free C4D shatter plug-in Thrausi but I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work with Cinema 4D Lite, the one that ships with AE CC. In the regular version of C4D you just drag the Thrausi folder into the the plugins folder but that folder doesn't exist in Cinema 4D Lite. Any ideas? Not just Thrausi but any third-party plugin.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Cinema 4D Lite and Thrausi
by on Aug 25, 2013 at 9:16:53 pm

I've yet to use C4D Lite so I can't verify any solutions.

I'd recommend that you create the required folders in the same places as the full version expects them. In addition to the plugins folder in the C4D directory you might try going to Edit > Preferences in C4D Lite and clicking the "Open Preferences Folder..." button which will point you to an alternate location for the 'plugins' folder (indeed it may already exist there).

Like I said, I haven't used C4D Lite but I would try the above. Also if you have access to a full version of C4D then that should work with AE in the same way that Lite does. I don't know the details of how AE switches between Lite and more robust versions but I believe it's documented.

You might also ask in the Cinema 4D forum.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Vishal PulikottilRe: Cinema 4D Lite and Thrausi
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 4:31:12 am

Thanks! I tried that but it doesn't work. I think I'll just have to figure something else out since I can't shell out the money for a full version yet so I'll just wait, as Todd said below, for the next release! Thanks again! =)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Cinema 4D Lite and Thrausi
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:38:30 am

Details of Cinema 4D Lite are here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/details-of-cinema-4d-integratio...
(Click the link for comparisons of Cinema 4D Lite with other editions.)

Third-party C++ and Python plug-ins are not part of the Cinema 4D lite feature set... in the current version. (Stay tuned for the release planned for next month, when we might have other news to share about that.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Vishal PulikottilRe: Cinema 4D Lite and Thrausi
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 4:29:10 am

Thanks Todd! Yeah, I read somewhere that C++ and Python wasn't supported in the Lite version. It'd be great if it were included in the next release. =)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Cinema 4D Lite and Thrausi
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 11:03:18 am

[Todd Kopriva] "Third-party C++ and Python plug-ins are not part of the Cinema 4D lite feature set... in the current version. (Stay tuned for the release planned for next month, when we might have other news to share about that.)"

Todd, was there other news to share with the 12.1 or 12.2 release? I didn't see this mentioned on the blog.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jan 7, 2014 at 5:08:10 pm

Sorry if this got buried:

"When you choose to use an edition of Cinema 4D other than Cinema 4D Lite, you can use new rendering capabilities within Cineware beyond the default renderer, including the Physical renderer and Sketch & Toon. You choose which renderer to use in Cinema 4D and save the .c4d file with those settings. Whichever renderer is specified in Cinema 4D is the one that will be used by the Cineware effect when the Renderer setting in the effect is Standard (Final). Most effects, including third-party plug-ins, should work within the Cineware effect when you choose to use Cinema 4D R15 (not R14 or the default CineRender) as the renderer for Cineware."

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/09/after-effects-cc-12-1-whats-new...

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Cinema 4D Lite and Thrausi
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 6:10:28 pm

Thanks, Todd.

I'm trying to understand the limitations of C4D Lite with respect to plugins. Is it still correct that C4D plugins will work with C4D Lite if they use the COFFEE API, but will not work if they use the C++ or Python APIs?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2014 at 1:30:32 am

The person who writes After Effects Help just added some more detail here, at the bottom of the page about the Cineware effect: http://adobe.ly/1ivAo9a

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]