ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inserting logo into text layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Gallagher
Inserting logo into text layer
on Aug 24, 2013 at 1:42:14 pm

Hi all, hope you're well. I've not been using After Effects for that long and a friend has asked me to create an animated logo for his short film. He wants his company's name and logo in it. My issue is, I've created and animation with the text and I want to include the logo image within it so it animates alongside. How do you include an image into the text layer.
Cheers

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Inserting logo into text layer
on Aug 24, 2013 at 1:55:38 pm

You can't actually include it within the text layer. You could precomp both the logo and the text and animate both together. If you are using animation presets for the text though, you will need to recreate and want the logo to animate the same way, you will need to recreate the presets for the logo.

Also if you are new to AE, I suggest you check out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Gallagher
Re: Inserting logo into text layer
on Aug 24, 2013 at 3:00:00 pm

Cheers dude, Probably best having a look at those links before I jump in head first. I'll have a go at the precomp suggestion you made.
Thanks.
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]