ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Masks to delete part of a Object without Following the Object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer DeanUsing Masks to delete part of a Object without Following the Object
by on Aug 23, 2013 at 3:17:48 pm

I am working in After Effects CS6 and I have a circular saw cutting through a map graphic. When the saw spins and moves across the map at some parts you can see the bottom of the saw under the map.

I wanted to draw a mask, if that is the best thing to do, to cover up the area where the saw is seen under the map. When I apply a mask to the bottom of the saw this makes it to where win the saw spins half of it is missing.

So....how can I apply a mask that would cover the saw where/when it is seen under the map but to where the mask does not move with the saw.......I was trying to achieve this by using a mask on an adjustment layer but I cannot get it to work.

Any help would be nice. I apologize if any of this is confusing. Take a look at the attached picture to show what I am talking about.

thanks

screenshot2013-08-23at10.09.52am.png

Return to posts index

William ScholikRe: Using Masks to delete part of a Object without Following the Object
by on Aug 23, 2013 at 4:11:54 pm

You would want to use matte instead of a mask. You can get an explanation on how they work Here

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]