ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animation and Puppet pins in combo with DuIK or just Layers that connect to Torso or other elements!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan V-der Toorn
Animation and Puppet pins in combo with DuIK or just Layers that connect to Torso or other elements!
on Aug 23, 2013 at 9:36:23 am

Hi When I rig a Character in AE and then want to connect puppet pins to for instance the torso to have more animation possibility's the connection to other layers don't follow the movement of the torso with the puppet-pins?
How can one work around this? please??

Thnx Jan

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
Re: Animation and Puppet pins in combo with DuIK or just Layers that connect to Torso or other elements!
on Aug 27, 2013 at 11:11:07 pm

I think we need a little more info. Do you mean that the extra pins don't follow the torso? Do you have bones made for them? Make the puppet pins, then make bones with the Duik Tools, then parent those pins to the torso!

Return to posts index

Jan V-der Toorn
Re: Animation and Puppet pins in combo with DuIK or just Layers that connect to Torso or other elements!
on Aug 28, 2013 at 8:08:17 am

Hi Sorry let be a lil' clearer :)

I rigged a cartoon character with Duik normal Layer type Ik rig!

Then I added Ppins to the torso to give me some expression flexibility for extra body wiggle or curve animation!

But as soon as I add the Ppins and move them the rig is dead! so then the body and the Ppins work but the arm and head don't follow the movement! Get me?

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Aug 28, 2013 at 8:14:43 pm

Ah, got it. I think i understand.

If you have a rigged character and you add the puppet tool - the geometry - the layer - is now at the mercy of the puppet tool. If you want to have that artwork react like it did before activating the puppet tool, you have to make a bone for the puppet pin point and attached (parent) that to the original setup. Otherwise you have to use the puppet IK technique - which is a different set-up.

Does that help?

Return to posts index

Jan V-der Toorn
on Aug 28, 2013 at 9:07:15 pm

Sounds good I'll try and let you know Thnx a million! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]