ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Banding Bars from Camera in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan DodgeBanding Bars from Camera in AE
by on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:33:19 am

Can someone help me get rid of black rings forming on my comp?

Working on a project and finally got the tracking to work right only now to have black rings forming on the composite. I'm using Element 3D to place in an object to a tracked scene. I've lit the scene with two lights and faked the shadow on the ground. I've used the paste mocha camera to pull in the camera solve which was at 97% and then oriented the scene in AE using Orient World. Now however these black rings have formed in a banding pattern down the object. When I turn off the lights or change to new ones I loose the all shading but the banding is still there. The only time I have gotten the black rings/banding to go away was when I created a new camera in AE. I'm suppose to get this shot out tomorrow and this is the first time I've seen this happen. It's definitely related to the camera and I'm really stuck since all the tracking data is attached to it so I can't really alter the settings on it. The strange thing as well is that the banding also appears on the 3D layers in AE so it's not just happening on Element 3D. Also the 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit, change didn't make a difference.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Return to posts index

Nathan DodgeRe: Banding Bars from Camera in AE
by on Aug 23, 2013 at 7:19:40 am

Update: On further testing black rings are only on Element 3D Layer. Anyone else have this happen. They only appear after importing the Mocha Solved Camera.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Banding Bars from Camera in AE
by on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:55:52 pm

It sounds to me like a lights/shadow issue. I've never used Element 3D so I'm not familiar with how it works with lights/shadows. Could you post some screenshots of your timeline and composition viewer? If possible include Top + Side + Front Views or a Custom View so that we can get a sense of the 3D layout of the lights and layers.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved