ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects CS6 In-game sound, Voice and render [Problem]

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Dalberg
After effects CS6 In-game sound, Voice and render [Problem]
on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:20:19 am

Hey guys my name is Alexander and i'm in need of some serious help.

(pictures below - for some information).

I'm uploading videos to youtube and stuff like that.

So i've searched here and there and everywhere on the internet for a fix on this problem.
Wich i hope someone will know how to fix.
First thing first is that i'm using Dxtory to record with and before you ask, yes my mic is plugged in and my headphones are working (everything is working) and the voice starts to play when i've changed it or vice versa.
Ok so when i've recorded the video/gameplay with my voice if i go into (Splayer/Windows Media player and many other media players). I can change the audio so it will let me hear either my voice or the in-game audio.
Tho never both of them at the same time.
So basicly what my problem is that when i render i can't get my voice + in-game sound together in the same video when it's been renderd using after effects.

For it to work i've got to record my voice with an external program such as audiocity (i belive it's called).
Then add it to the composition and when i've renderd it works perfectly fine i'm getting voice and in-game sound.
I would like some help to fix this problem, some codecs i've used is WMV, Quicktime, H.264, Mpeg3 and 4.
Tho it still dosen't work.

Just some other information, if it's possible to get a 1080p quality such as a codec and get small sizes "when renderd".

If you know how to fix this please write here, i really need help!. <3 Much love

Also posting two images of my After effects settings.
First Image

Second Image

Third Image

Sincearly Alexander

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After effects CS6 In-game sound, Voice and render [Problem]
on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:54:51 am

First, don't use the QuickTime H.264 codec.

If you're creating videos for YouTube, use the YouTube encoding presets in Adobe Media Encoder.

See this:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/729526

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Alexander Dalberg
on Aug 23, 2013 at 10:12:41 am

Hello Todd, so i tried using the Adobe Media Encoder and it's still the same i can't get my voice on top of the render (when it is in the RAW file i can hear my self and the in-game sound) if i change "audio lin". Wich sucks, and i used youtube 1080p hd quality 29.97 but it's still the same...

So i guess it's just after effects, so i think i've gotta buy sony vegas and use that instead then... :/

Return to posts index

Alexander Dalberg
on Aug 23, 2013 at 11:39:57 am

Hello Todd, so i tried using the Adobe Media Encoder and it's still the same i can't get my voice on top of the render (when it is in the RAW file). Wich sucks, and i used the youtube 1080p HD 29.97

Hopefully there is a way to fix it, but i belive i've gotta buy Sony Vegas so if i can't fix this.

Thank you for your fast reply!.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:01:28 pm

[Alexander Dalberg] "Ok so when i've recorded the video/gameplay with my voice if i go into (Splayer/Windows Media player and many other media players). I can change the audio so it will let me hear either my voice or the in-game audio.
Tho never both of them at the same time.
So basicly what my problem is that when i render i can't get my voice + in-game sound together in the same video when it's been renderd using after effects."

Alexander, I don't think this is an Ae problem.

I've not heard of Dxtory before, but it looks from their home page that you can configure it for recording multiple sources at the same time. On the audio tab, there's a plus button for adding a second source. Make sure you've got your game sound recording on one of them and the mic on the other.

It also looks like this will create two audio files. Bring both audio files into your Ae comp.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Alexander Dalberg
on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:40:12 pm

As i said earlier in one of my posts, my voice works perfectly fine i can hear it when i've recorded it.
Ok so i'm using Splayer to watch movies and my recorded gameplay, so i switch audio file (inside the clip "while it's playing"). So i switch between in-game sound and my microphone sound, everything works out perfectly fine.

Tho when i've renderd it i can only hear the in-game sound but not my voice (because when i've renderd it, the two audio files should be "interigrated"). Wich they never do because of something in After Effects and i can't fix it.

So the problem is with After effects and not Dxtory.
The last part you wrote, is what i'm gonna quote "It also looks like this will create two audio files. Bring both audio files into your Ae comp."

I don't get a single audio file since they are both "interigrated" in the raw file, so all i'm getting is the recorded gameplay with the audio already on it but when i render the file, i only get the first source of audio wich is the in-game sound.

Hope this helped you to understand my problem ^^.

Sincearly Alexander

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 23, 2013 at 3:15:35 pm

Ah, now I understand. You have multi-channel audio, which Ae does not support well. It only sees the first two channels of your multi-channel source.

I prefer Audition, but since you mentioned Audacity, you could open the multi-channel audio there and either export a stereo mixdown (File > Export) or you could export stems, making each track its own mono audio file (File > Export Multiple...)

If you have changed your Audacity preferences from the defaults, you'll have to make sure that under Edit > Preferences > Import/Export, "Always mix all tracks down to stereo or mono channels" is selected to get a stereo mixdown. If you haven't changed the defaults, you should be fine.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Alexander Dalberg
on Aug 24, 2013 at 7:14:58 am

Now we are back at the same thing again ^^. I only use Audiocity to do commentaries, but i don't use it when i'm gonna do a let's play i just use the mic and Dxtory so it has everything and it should just be to render and i should get the audio from my mic and in-game in the video so it should work fine.
But now it's not like that since it dosen't work for some reason, and i've checked with others and it works for them but not me.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 24, 2013 at 1:10:41 pm

[Alexander Dalberg] "i just use the mic and Dxtory so it has everything and it should just be to render and i should get the audio from my mic and in-game in the video so it should work fine.
But now it's not like that since it dosen't work for some reason, and i've checked with others and it works for them but not me."

As I said above, After Effects has limited support for multi-channel audio. Your Dxtory output probably has two stereo channels (game and mic) and Ae is only seeing the first channel.

You need some way to either mix your multi-channel audio down to stereo, or output multiple separate audio tracks that you can bring into Ae separately.

I have Googled this for you, and apparently you can use Dxtory's AVImux feature -- the little green icon with a rectangle and a musical note on the bottom -- to do this.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]