ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text layer going crazy (oversized)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luc Trombini
Text layer going crazy (oversized)
on Aug 21, 2013 at 4:40:04 pm

Hello !

Frequent reader here, i'm finding myself in a bit of a mess and looks like I haven't found a way to fix this problem myself.
Basically, as i'm making a new text layer, if i'm using an unusual font, the text layer scale appears way too overscale.
When i'm trying to edit my text, it's almost impossible and to select it entirely, I have to click in a blank part of my text layer.

it's really annoying especially when I have to put a lot of keyframes on my texts.

Here's a screencap that might help to understand better.

This kind of problem appears when i'm using these kind of destroyed/trashy fonts.
Thanks a lot for your time and hopefully some of you will understand my problem.

Regards,
Luc Trombini

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Text layer going crazy (oversized)
on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:56:13 pm

[Luc Trombini] "This kind of problem appears when i'm using these kind of destroyed/trashy fonts."

The font has some really large characters -- that dirt and those scratches are built into the glyphs, so the text box includes them.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Luc Trombini
Re: Text layer going crazy (oversized)
on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:39:46 pm

Hi Walter, thanks for your help !
Indeed I understand that, i'm just surprised because i've been using fonts like these already, and never had any problem..now it seems to happen literally with every scratchy fonts..when just a few weeks ago it was all working so great !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]